*The retrospective title is lovingly stolen from Matt Zoller Seitz’s book of the same name
Shoumik tries his hand at the Retrospective thing by writing long essays on the movies of American auteur Wes Anderson. SPOILERS.
Links will be available whenever a new review is posted. Next to the reviews are links to some reading music, if you would care for it.
Coming soon: The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
- An Introduction – Mark Mothersbaugh – Futureman’s Theme
- Bottle Rocket (1996) – The Proclaimers – Over and Done With
- Rushmore (1998) – Mark Mothersbaugh – Margaret Yang’s Theme
- The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) – Mark Mothersbaugh – Sparkplug Minuet
- The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2004) – Seu Jorge – Rebel Rebel
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007) – Shankar Jaikishan – Typewriter Tip, Tip Tip
- Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009) – Alexandre Desplat – Just Another Dead Rat in a Garbage Pail (Behind a Chinese Restaurant)
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012) – Alexandre Desplat – The Heroic Weather-Conditions of the Universe, Part 2: Smoke/Fire
- The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)